Friday, December 16, 2016

I Feel Like A Forest Princess

     I am overwhelmed right now. And for the first time in a while, not the bad kind. This week has felt like forever, and I'm actually glad about it. It's amazing how even when it feels like I'm walking in the valley of problems, money, finals, life, God finds a way to show me that the valley isn't a pit. It's a forest, and it may be dark now but the sun does rise. A couple of years ago, I got a fortune cookie from a Panda Express in Colorado. My 'fortune' read: "You are surrounded by silent love and friendship all around you." I've kept it ever since to remind me, but suddenly I realize I don't need a piece of paper to remind me. I have people to do that now.

     First off, I was informed late last month that I'd been chosen for the Promises to Keep Scholarship from TJC, where I go to school. Only recently did I realize how that happened. In order for a student to even be considered, they must be recommended. Basically, a TJC staff member must state what's so great about said student and why they deserve the scholarship. I laid in bed that night filled with an immense cloud of love. Someone that I interact with, decided to tell the school that I was awesome and should get money for school. I can't thank that faculty member enough. She made this winter a little warmer. (Though honestly, it's Texas, so it's not that cold to begin with. But you get the idea.)

     These last few days I have come into contact with people I've never met before, only to be blessed by their capacity to love me (or at least like me) right then and there. Today was my first day at my new job, coincidentally the same place where I got my life changing fortune cookie. It was hard to begin with, stressful, the things new jobs are, but with the patience of my boss and coworkers, I got the hang of it. To top that off, I returned home to find flowers and a note from my sweet roommate and friend, and surprise Hanukkah socks from another wonderful person. I feel so incredibly warm inside. Also, it's raining which makes everything tenfold awesomer. (That's a word, right?)

     With each blow that bring me down, a hug is there to bring me up. With each word spoken in anger, a whole book is spoken in love. With each sad day is a raindrop and a flower to make it all okay. I forget that the stressful times can't make life pointless. But the people in life, can definitely make it worth living. I don't know what I did to deserve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment